Convert AMF to DAE via C#
Render AMF as DAE without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert AMF to DAE Using C#
In order to convert AMF to DAE, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert AMF to DAE via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert AMF files to DAE in just a few lines of code.
- Load AMF file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of DaeSaveOptions
- Set DAE specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with DAE file extension & object of DaeSaveOptions
- Check resultant DAE file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
AMF What is AMF File Format?
Additive Manufacturing file format (AMF) defines open standards for objects description in order to be utilized by additive manufacturing processes such as 3D Printing. CAD programs use the AMF file format by making use of the information such as geometry, color and material of the objects. AMF is different than STL format as the lateral does not support color, materials, lattices, and constellations.Read More
dae What is dae File Format?
A DAE file is a Digital Asset Exchange file format that is used for exchanging data between interactive 3D applications. This file format is based on the COLLADA (COLLAborative Design Activity) XML schema which is an open standard XML schema for the exchange of digital assets among graphics software applications. It has been adopted by ISO as a publicly available specification, ISO/pAS 17506.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert AMF into many other file formats including few listed below.