Convert DAE to FBX via C#
Render DAE as FBX without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert DAE to FBX Using C#
In order to convert DAE to FBX, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert DAE to FBX via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert DAE files to FBX in just a few lines of code.
- Load DAE file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of FbxSaveOptions
- Set FBX specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with FBX file extension & object of FbxSaveOptions
- Check resultant FBX file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
DAE What is DAE File Format?
A DAE file is a Digital Asset Exchange file format that is used for exchanging data between interactive 3D applications. This file format is based on the COLLADA (COLLAborative Design Activity) XML schema which is an open standard XML schema for the exchange of digital assets among graphics software applications. It has been adopted by ISO as a publicly available specification, ISO/pAS 17506.Read More
fbx What is fbx File Format?
FBX, FilmBox, is a popular 3D file format that was originally developed by Kaydara for MotionBuilder. It was acquired by Autodesk Inc in 2006 and is now one of the main 3D exchange formats as used by many 3D tools. FBX is available in both binary and ASCII file format. The format was established to provided interoperability between digital content creation applications. There are many tools available for conversion from/to FBX file format.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert DAE into many other file formats including few listed below.