Convert FBX to AMF via C#
Render FBX as AMF without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert FBX to AMF Using C#
In order to convert FBX to AMF, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert FBX to AMF via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert FBX files to AMF in just a few lines of code.
- Load FBX file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of AmfSaveOptions
- Set AMF specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with AMF file extension & object of AmfSaveOptions
- Check resultant AMF file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
FBX What is FBX File Format
FBX, FilmBox, is a popular 3D file format that was originally developed by Kaydara for MotionBuilder. It was acquired by Autodesk Inc in 2006 and is now one of the main 3D exchange formats as used by many 3D tools. FBX is available in both binary and ASCII file format. The format was established to provided interoperability between digital content creation applications. There are many tools available for conversion from/to FBX file format.Read More
amf What is amf File Format
Additive Manufacturing file format (AMF) defines open standards for objects description in order to be utilized by additive manufacturing processes such as 3D Printing. CAD programs use the AMF file format by making use of the information such as geometry, color and material of the objects. AMF is different than STL format as the lateral does not support color, materials, lattices, and constellations.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert FBX into many other file formats including few listed below.