Convert FBX to PLY via C#
Render FBX as PLY without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert FBX to PLY Using C#
In order to convert FBX to PLY, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert FBX to PLY via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert FBX files to PLY in just a few lines of code.
- Load FBX file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of PlySaveOptions
- Set PLY specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with PLY file extension & object of PlySaveOptions
- Check resultant PLY file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
FBX What is FBX File Format
FBX, FilmBox, is a popular 3D file format that was originally developed by Kaydara for MotionBuilder. It was acquired by Autodesk Inc in 2006 and is now one of the main 3D exchange formats as used by many 3D tools. FBX is available in both binary and ASCII file format. The format was established to provided interoperability between digital content creation applications. There are many tools available for conversion from/to FBX file format.Read More
ply What is ply File Format
PLY, Polygon File Format, represents 3D file format that stores graphical objects described as a collection of polygons. The purpose of this file format was to establish a simple and easy file type that is general enough to be useful for a wide range of models. PLY file format comes as ASCII as well as Binary format for compact storage and for rapid saving and loading. The file format is used by different applications that provide support for 3D files reading.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert FBX into many other file formats including few listed below.