Convert PLY to DRC via C#
Render PLY as DRC without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert PLY to DRC Using C#
In order to convert PLY to DRC, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert PLY to DRC via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert PLY files to DRC in just a few lines of code.
- Load PLY file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of AmfSaveOptions
- Set DRC specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with DRC file extension & object of DrcSaveOptions
- Check resultant DRC file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
PLY What is PLY File Format
PLY, Polygon File Format, represents 3D file format that stores graphical objects described as a collection of polygons. The purpose of this file format was to establish a simple and easy file type that is general enough to be useful for a wide range of models. PLY file format comes as ASCII as well as Binary format for compact storage and for rapid saving and loading. The file format is used by different applications that provide support for 3D files reading.Read More
drc What is drc File Format
A file with .drc extension is a compressed 3D file format created with Google Draco library. Google offers Draco as open source library for compressing and decompressing 3D geometric meshes and point clouds, and improves storage and transmission of 3D graphics. It encodes the input data and saves it as .drc file. At the receiving end, the API reads .drc files and can output these as PLY or OBJ files. The compressed output file enables users to download apps faster and provide quick loading of 3D graphics in browsers.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert PLY into many other file formats including few listed below.