Convert PLY to RVM via C#
Render PLY as RVM without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert PLY to RVM Using C#
In order to convert PLY to RVM, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert PLY to RVM via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert PLY files to RVM in just a few lines of code.
- Load PLY file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of RvmSaveOptions
- Set RVM specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with RVM file extension & object of RvmSaveOptions
- Check resultant RVM file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
PLY What is PLY File Format
PLY, Polygon File Format, represents 3D file format that stores graphical objects described as a collection of polygons. The purpose of this file format was to establish a simple and easy file type that is general enough to be useful for a wide range of models. PLY file format comes as ASCII as well as Binary format for compact storage and for rapid saving and loading. The file format is used by different applications that provide support for 3D files reading.Read More
rvm What is rvm File Format
RVM data files are related to AVEVA PDMS. RVM file is an AVEVA Plant Design Management System Model. AVEVA's Plant Design Management System (PDMS) is the most popular 3D design system using data-centric technology for managing projects.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert PLY into many other file formats including few listed below.