Convert STL to RVM via C#
Render STL as RVM without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert STL to RVM Using C#
In order to convert STL to RVM, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert STL to RVM via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert STL files to RVM in just a few lines of code.
- Load STL file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of RvmSaveOptions
- Set RVM specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with RVM file extension & object of RvmSaveOptions
- Check resultant RVM file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
STL What is STL File Format?
STL, abbreviation for stereolithrography, is an interchangeable file format that represents 3-dimensional surface geometry. The file format finds its usage in several fields such as rapid prototyping, 3D printing and computer-aided manufacturing. It represents a surface as a series of small triangles, known as facets, where each facet is described by a perpendicular direction and three points representing the vertices of the triangle. Resultant data is used by applications to determine the cross section of the 3D shape to be built by the fabber. There is no information available in the STL file format for representation of colour, texture or other common CAD model attributes.Read More
rvm What is rvm File Format?
RVM data files are related to AVEVA PDMS. RVM file is an AVEVA Plant Design Management System Model. AVEVA's Plant Design Management System (PDMS) is the most popular 3D design system using data-centric technology for managing projects.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert STL into many other file formats including few listed below.