Convert X to PLY via C#
Render X as PLY without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert X to PLY Using C#
In order to convert X to PLY, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.3D
Steps to Convert X to PLY via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert X files to PLY in just a few lines of code.
- Load X file via the constructor of Scene class
- Create an instance of PlySaveOptions
- Set PLY specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.Save method
- Pass the output path with PLY file extension & object of PlySaveOptions
- Check resultant PLY file at specified path
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.3D for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
X What is X File Format
X is a DirectX Model image file used by DirectX technology which is for 3D graphics rendering in games. The file format specifies 3D object structures for meshes, textures, animations, and objects.Read More
ply What is ply File Format
PLY, Polygon File Format, represents 3D file format that stores graphical objects described as a collection of polygons. The purpose of this file format was to establish a simple and easy file type that is general enough to be useful for a wide range of models. PLY file format comes as ASCII as well as Binary format for compact storage and for rapid saving and loading. The file format is used by different applications that provide support for 3D files reading.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert X into many other file formats including few listed below.