Convert ASE to PLY via Python
Render ASE as PLY without any 3D modeling and rendering software.
How to Convert ASE to PLY Using Python
In order to convert ASE to PLY, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for Python. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.3D and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
pip install aspose-3d
Steps to Convert ASE to PLY via Python
Python programmers can easily load & convert ASE files to PLY in just a few lines of code.
- Load ASE file via the from_file of Scene class
- Create an instance of PlySaveOptions
- Set PLY specific properties for advanced conversion
- Call the Scene.save method
- Pass the output path with PLY file extension & object of PlySaveOptions
- Check resultant PLY file at specified path
Before running the Python conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS.
- Python 3.5 or later.
- Aspose.3D for Python referenced in your project.
ASE What is ASE File Format
An ASE file is a 2D animation or graphics that contain layers, frames, palettes, tags, and settings.Read More
ply What is ply File Format
PLY, Polygon File Format, represents 3D file format that stores graphical objects described as a collection of polygons. The purpose of this file format was to establish a simple and easy file type that is general enough to be useful for a wide range of models. PLY file format comes as ASCII as well as Binary format for compact storage and for rapid saving and loading. The file format is used by different applications that provide support for 3D files reading.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert ASE into many other file formats including few listed below.