Bulk Report Generation in ODS Format via C#
Generate reports in ODS format using data source & a template.
How to Generate ODS based Reports Using C#
In order to create ODS reports, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use report generation API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Cells and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Cells
Steps to Assemble ODS via C#
- Instantiate WorkbookDesigner class
- Set a marker in any of the cells of any worksheet
- Set data source for the WorkbookDesigner object
- Call WorkbookDesigner.Process method to populate the template with data
- Save result in ODS format via WorkbookDesigner.Worbook.Save method
Aspose.Cells for .NET is supported on all major operating systems. Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono or Xamarin Platforms
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Add reference to the Aspose.Cells for .NET DLL in your project
Generate ODS Reports
About Aspose.Cells for .NET APIAspose.Cells API can be used to create, edit, convert and render Microsoft Excel formats to different formats. Moreover, it can be used for comprehensive charting, scalable reporting and reliable calculations within software applications. Aspose.Cells is a standalone API and it does not require any software like Microsoft or OpenOffice.
Free App to Assemble ODS
Check our live demos to create ODS files with following benefits.
ODS What is ODS File Format
Files with ODS extension stand for OpenDocument Spreadsheet Document format that are editable by user. Data is stored inside ODF file into rows and columns. It is XML-based format and is one of the several subtypes in the Open Document Formats (ODF) family. The format is specified as part of the ODF 1.2 specifications published and maintained by OASIS. A number of applications on Windows as well as other operating systems can open ODS files for editing and manipulation including Microsoft Excel, NeoOffice and LibreOffice. ODS files can also be converted into other spreadsheet formats as well like XLS, XLSX and others by different applications.Read More