Bulk Report Generation in XLSB Format via C#
Generate reports in XLSB format using data source & a template.
How to Generate XLSB based Reports Using C#
In order to create XLSB reports, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use report generation API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Cells and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Cells
Steps to Assemble XLSB via C#
- Instantiate WorkbookDesigner class
- Set a marker in any of the cells of any worksheet
- Set data source for the WorkbookDesigner object
- Call WorkbookDesigner.Process method to populate the template with data
- Save result in XLSB format via WorkbookDesigner.Worbook.Save method
Aspose.Cells for .NET is supported on all major operating systems. Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono or Xamarin Platforms
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Add reference to the Aspose.Cells for .NET DLL in your project
Generate XLSB Reports
About Aspose.Cells for .NET APIAspose.Cells API can be used to create, edit, convert and render Microsoft Excel formats to different formats. Moreover, it can be used for comprehensive charting, scalable reporting and reliable calculations within software applications. Aspose.Cells is a standalone API and it does not require any software like Microsoft or OpenOffice.
Free App to Assemble XLSB
Check our live demos to create XLSB files with following benefits.
XLSB What is XLSB File Format
XLSB file format specifies the Excel Binary File Format, which is a collection of records and structures that specify Excel workbook content. The content can include unstructured or semi-structured tables of numbers, text, or both numbers and text, formulas, external data connections, charts and images. Unlike XLSX (which is based on Open XML file format), the XLSB represents binary Excel workbook file. XLSB files can be read and written to faster which makes them useful for working with large files. XLSB is seldom used to store workbooks as XLSX (and previously XLS) are the most common user selected file formats for saving workbooks. It can be opened by Microsoft Office 2007 and above.Read More