Bulk Report Generation in XLSM Format via C#
Generate reports in XLSM format using data source & a template.
How to Generate XLSM based Reports Using C#
In order to create XLSM reports, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use report generation API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Cells and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Cells
Steps to Assemble XLSM via C#
- Instantiate WorkbookDesigner class
- Set a marker in any of the cells of any worksheet
- Set data source for the WorkbookDesigner object
- Call WorkbookDesigner.Process method to populate the template with data
- Save result in XLSM format via WorkbookDesigner.Worbook.Save method
Aspose.Cells for .NET is supported on all major operating systems. Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono or Xamarin Platforms
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Add reference to the Aspose.Cells for .NET DLL in your project
Generate XLSM Reports
About Aspose.Cells for .NET APIAspose.Cells API can be used to create, edit, convert and render Microsoft Excel formats to different formats. Moreover, it can be used for comprehensive charting, scalable reporting and reliable calculations within software applications. Aspose.Cells is a standalone API and it does not require any software like Microsoft or OpenOffice.
Free App to Assemble XLSM
Check our live demos to create XLSM files with following benefits.
XLSM What is XLSM File Format
Files with XLSM extension is a type of Spreadsheet files that support Macros. From application point of view, a Macro is set of instructions that are used for automating processes. A macro is used to record the steps that are performed repeatedly and facilitates performing the actions by running the macro again. Macros are programmed with Microsoft's Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) from within the Excel Workbook using the Visual Basic Editor and can be run/debug directly from there.Read More