Bulk Report Generation in XLSX Format via C#
Generate reports in XLSX format using data source & a template.
How to Generate XLSX based Reports Using C#
In order to create XLSX reports, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use report generation API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Cells and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Cells
Steps to Assemble XLSX via C#
- Instantiate WorkbookDesigner class
- Set a marker in any of the cells of any worksheet
- Set data source for the WorkbookDesigner object
- Call WorkbookDesigner.Process method to populate the template with data
- Save result in XLSX format via WorkbookDesigner.Worbook.Save method
Aspose.Cells for .NET is supported on all major operating systems. Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono or Xamarin Platforms
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Add reference to the Aspose.Cells for .NET DLL in your project
Generate XLSX Reports
About Aspose.Cells for .NET APIAspose.Cells API can be used to create, edit, convert and render Microsoft Excel formats to different formats. Moreover, it can be used for comprehensive charting, scalable reporting and reliable calculations within software applications. Aspose.Cells is a standalone API and it does not require any software like Microsoft or OpenOffice.
Free App to Assemble XLSX
Check our live demos to create XLSX files with following benefits.
XLSX What is XLSX File Format
XLSX is well-known format for Microsoft Excel documents that was introduced by Microsoft with the release of Microsoft Office 2007. Based on structure organized according to the Open Packaging Conventions as outlined in Part 2 of the OOXML standard ECMA-376, the new format is a zip package that contains a number of XML files. The underlying structure and files can be examined by simply unzipping the .xlsx file.Read More