Convert EXCEL to HTML via C#
Export Excel spreadsheets to HTML format on .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono or Xamarin Platforms.
How to Convert EXCEL to HTML Using C#
In order to convert EXCEL to HTML, we will use Aspose.Cells for .NET API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open NuGet package manager, search for Aspose.Cells and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Cells
Steps to Convert EXCEL to HTML via C#
.NET developers can easily load & convert EXCEL files to HTML in just a few lines of code.
- Load EXCEL file with an instance of Workbook
- Call the Workbook.Save method
- Pass output path with HTML extension as parameter
- Check specified path for resultant HTML file
Before running the .NET conversion example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET, .NET Core, Mono or Xamarin Platforms..
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Add reference to the Aspose.Cells for .NET DLL in your project.
EXCEL What is EXCEL File Format
XLSX is well-known format for Microsoft Excel documents that was introduced by Microsoft with the release of Microsoft Office 2007. Based on structure organized according to the Open Packaging Conventions as outlined in Part 2 of the OOXML standard ECMA-376, the new format is a zip package that contains a number of XML files. The underlying structure and files can be examined by simply unzipping the .xlsx file.Read More
HTML What is HTML File Format
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert EXCEL into many other file formats including few listed below.