ODS File Viewer for .NET
View Excel & OpenOffice spreadsheets such as ODS without requiring Microsoft Excel or Office Automation.
How to View ODS File Using C#
In order to view ODS file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use API for C# platform to be used with any Viewer. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Cells and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Cells
Steps to View ODS via C#
Aspose.Cells makes it easy for the developers to view the ODS file with just few lines of code.
- Load the ODS file in an instance of Workbook
- Create an instance of HtmlSaveOptions & set ExportHeadings property to true
- Save the ODS file in HTML format using Workbook.Save method
- Load resultant HTML in default browser with Process.Start
Aspose.Cells for .NET is supported on all major operating systems. Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono or Xamarin Platforms
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Add reference to the Aspose.Cells for .NET DLL in your project
C# example code to view ODS file
string output = System.IO.Path.GetTempPath() + Guid.NewGuid().ToString() + ".html"; // load the ODS file in an instance of Workbook var book = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("template.ods"); // create an instance of HtmlSaveOptions & set ExportHeadings property to true var options = new Aspose.Cells.HtmlSaveOptions(); options.ExportHeadings = true; // save the ODS file in HTML format book.Save(output, options); // load resultant HTML in default browser System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(output);
About Aspose.Cells for .NET APIAspose.Cells API can be used to create, edit, convert and render Microsoft Excel formats to different formats. Moreover, it can be used for comprehensive charting, scalable reporting and reliable calculations within software applications. Aspose.Cells is a standalone API and it does not require any software like Microsoft or OpenOffice.
Free App to View ODS
Other Supported Viewer Formats
Using C#, One can also view many other file formats including.