Annotate VSX Formats in Java
Native VSX document annotation using server-side Java APIs.
How to Annotate VSX Files Using Java
In order to annotate VSX file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use merger API for Java platform. You can download its latest version directly from
and install it within your Maven-based project by adding the following configurations to the pom.xml.
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>https://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-diagram</artifactId> <version>version of aspose-diagram API</version> <classifier>jdk17</classifier> </dependency>
Steps for annotation VSX Files in Java
A basic document annotation and concatenating with
APIs can be done with just few lines of code.
- Load VSX file by creating an instance of Diagram
- Select Page via its id
- Get annotation in Page’s Pagesheet
- Call the semove() method to remove the comment
- Call the save() method and pass the file name (full path) and format (VSDX) as a parameter.
- Now you can open and use the VSDX file in Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF or any other compatible program.
Aspose.Diagram for Java supports on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Please make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with Java Runtime Environment for JSP/JSF Application and Desktop Applications.
- Get latest version of Aspose.Diagram for Java directly from Maven .
Annotate VSX Files - Java
About Aspose.Diagram for Java APIAspose.Diagram is a Microsoft Visio document format manipulation API. One can easily load, create, modify, manipulate including daigram elements and convert Visio diagrams to other formats such as PDF, XPS, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, SVG, EMF and more. It is a standalone API and does not require Microsoft Visio or any other software to be installed.
VSX What is VSX File Format
Files with .VSX extension refer to stencils that consist of drawings and shapes that are used for creating diagrams in Microsoft Visio. VSX files are saved in XML file format and was supported till Visio 2013. These are different than the primary VSDX file format that was introduced with Microsoft Visio 2013. VSX files can be opened in any text editor to view the contents.Read More
Other Supported annotation Formats
Using Java, One can also annotate many other file formats including..