Annotate VSX Formats in Python
Native VSX document annotation using server-side Python APIs.
Steps for annotation VSX Files in Java
A basic document annotation and concatenating with
APIs can be done with just few lines of code.
- Load VSX file by creating an instance of Diagram
- Select Page via its id
- Get annotation in Page’s Pagesheet
- Call the remove() method to remove the comment
- Call the save() method and pass the file name (full path) and format (VSDX) as a parameter.
- Now you can open and use the VSDX file in Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF or any other compatible program.
Aspose.Diagram for Python is platform-independent API and can be used on any platform (Windows, Linux and MacOS), just make sure that system have Java 1.8 or higher, Python 3.5 or higher.
- Install Java and add it to PATH environment variable, for example:
- Install Aspose.Diagram for Python from pypi, use command as:
$ pip install aspose-diagram.
Annotate VSX Files - Python
diagram = Diagram( "f.vsx"); ans = diagram.getPages().get(0).getPageSheet().getAnnotations() an = ans.get(0) ans.remove(an) diagram.save("outpath_with_filename", Aspose.Diagram.SaveFileFormat.VSDX);
About Aspose.Diagram for Python via java APIAspose.Diagram is a Microsoft Visio document format manipulation API. One can easily load, create, modify, manipulate including daigram elements and convert Visio diagrams to other formats such as PDF, XPS, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, SVG, EMF and more. It is a standalone API and does not require Microsoft Visio or any other software to be installed.
VSX What is VSX File Format
Files with .VSX extension refer to stencils that consist of drawings and shapes that are used for creating diagrams in Microsoft Visio. VSX files are saved in XML file format and was supported till Visio 2013. These are different than the primary VSDX file format that was introduced with Microsoft Visio 2013. VSX files can be opened in any text editor to view the contents.Read More
Other Supported annotation Formats
Using Python, One can also annotate many other file formats including..