Convert MSG to MBOX in Java
Native MSG to MBOX conversion using Java Email library, without needing any additional software.
How to Convert MSG to MBOX Using Java
In order to render MSG to MBOX, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use conversion API for Java platform. You can download its latest version directly from
and install it within your Maven-based project by adding the following configurations to the pom.xml.
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>https://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-email</artifactId> <version>version of aspose-email API</version> <classifier>jdk17</classifier> </dependency>
Steps to Convert MSG to MBOX via Java
Java programmers can easily convert MSG file to MBOX in just a few lines of code.
- Load MSG file with Aspose.Email for Java MailMessage.load.
- Call the save() method.
- Pass the output file path with (MBOX) file extension.
- Open MBOX file in compatible program.
Before running the Java conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with Java Runtime Environment for JSP/JSF Application and Desktop Applications.
- Get latest version of Aspose.Email for Java directly from Maven .
Convert MSG to MBOX - Java
MailMessage msg = MailMessage.load("inputFile.msg"); MboxrdStorageWriter writer = new MboxrdStorageWriter("output.mbox", false); writer.writeMessage(msg);
MSG to MBOX Conversion Live Demos
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert MSG into many other file formats including few listed below.