Convert ICS to EMLX via C#
ICS to EMLX C# conversion using .NET API without needing Outlook® or Thunderbird®.
How to Convert ICS to EMLX Using C#
In order to convert ICS to EMLX, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Email and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Email
Steps to Convert ICS to EMLX via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert ICS files to EMLX in just a few lines of code.
- Load ICS file with Calendar.Appointment.Load.
- Create a MailMessage and add appointment as alternate view.
- Call the Save method.
- Pass the output file path with EMLX file extension.
- EMLX file will be saved at the specified path.
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, and PHP, VBScript, Delphi, C++ via COM Interop.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Email for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
- Include namespace in relevant class.
This sample code shows ICS to EMLX C# Conversion
// load the ICS file to be converted var ics = Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment.Load("My File.ics"); // create an EML var eml = new MailMessage(); // add appointment to EML eml.AlternateViews.Add(ics.RequestApointment()); // save as a EMLX eml.Save("Saved File.emlx", new EmlSaveOptions(MailMessageSaveType.EmlxFormat));
Free App to Convert ICS to EMLX
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert ICS into many other file formats including few listed below.