Convert ICS to OST via C#
ICS to OST C# conversion using .NET API without needing Outlook® or Thunderbird®.
How to Convert ICS to OST Using C#
In order to convert ICS to OST, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Email and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Email
Steps to Convert ICS to OST via C#
.NET programmers can easily load & convert ICS files to OST in just a few lines of code.
- Load ICS file with Calendar.Appointment.Load.
- Save as MSG to MemoryStream.
- Open an OST file
- Pass the output file path with OST file extension.
- Call AddMessage method.
- Pass the MapiMessage loaded from MemoryStream.
- OFT file will be saved at the specified path.
Before running the .NET conversion code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, and PHP, VBScript, Delphi, C++ via COM Interop.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Email for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
- Include namespace in relevant class.
This sample code shows ICS to OST C# Conversion
// load the ICS file to be converted // save ICS as a MSG using var msgStream = new MemoryStream(); Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment .Load("My File.ics") .Save(msgStream, AppointmentSaveFormat.Msg); // open an OST file using var pst = PersonalStorage.FromFile("Saved File.ost"); // get a calendar folder var calendarFolder = pst.GetPredefinedFolder(StandardIpmFolder.Appointments); // add MSG to the calendar folder calendarFolder.AddMessage(MapiMessage.Load(msgStream));
Free App to Convert ICS to OST
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert ICS into many other file formats including few listed below.