Read XBRL Files via Python
Reading financial reports in XBRL format without needing Microsoft Office installed or any other software.
How to Read XBRL Files
Follow the steps in code snippet or enhance it as of your application needs for reading extensible business reporting language XBRL files. Be sure of having reading requirements within your application.
- Create XbrlDocument class Instance.
- Pass the name of a valid XBRL file as a parameter.
- To get the inner detail of file, use the relevant classes such as SchemaRefCollection, Context, Unit
To proceed for reading XBRL documents, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS.
- Python 3.5 or later.
- Aspose.Finance for Python referenced in your project.