Convert DIB to WMF via C#
Transform DIB into WMF using native .NET APIs without needing any image editor or 3rd-party libraries.
How to Convert DIB to WMF Using C#
In order to convert DIB to WMF, we’ll use
Aspose.Imaging for .NET API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use image manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open NuGet package manager, search for Aspose.Imaging and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Imaging
Steps to Convert DIB to WMF via C#
Developers can easily load & convert DIB files to WMF in just a few lines of code.
- Load DIB file with Image.Load method
- Create & set the instance of required subclass of ImageOptionsBase (e.g. BmpOptions, PngOptions, etc.)
- Call the Image.Save method
- Pass file path with WMF extension & object of ImageOptionsBase class
Before running the conversion example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Application, ASP.NET Web Application.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET referenced in your project.
Convert DIB to WMF - .NET
DIB What is DIB File Format
A DIB (Device Independent Bitmap) file is a raster image file that is similar in structure to the standard Bitmap files (BMP) but has a different header. It can be opened with almost all applications that can open a standard BMP file on Windows as well as macOS. DIB are binary files and have a complex file format similar to BMP.Read More
WMF What is WMF File Format
Files with WMF extension represent Microsoft Windows Metafile (WMF) for storing vector as well as bitmap-format images data. To be more accurate, WMF belongs to the vector file format category of Graphics file formats that is device independent. Windows Graphical Device Interface (GDI) uses the functions stored in a WMF file to display an image on the screen. A more enhanced version of WMF, known as Enhanced Meta Files (EMF), was published later that makes the format more feature rich. Practically, WMF are similar to SVG.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
Using C#, one can easily convert different formats including.