Convert GIF to J2K via C#
Transform GIF into J2K using native .NET APIs without needing any image editor or 3rd-party libraries.
How to Convert GIF to J2K Using C#
In order to convert GIF to J2K, we’ll use Aspose.Imaging for .NET API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use image manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open NuGet package manager, search for Aspose.Imaging and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Imaging
Steps to Convert GIF to J2K via C#
Developers can easily load & convert GIF files to J2K in just a few lines of code.
- Load GIF file with Image.Load method
- Create & set the instance of required subclass of ImageOptionsBase (e.g. BmpOptions, PngOptions, etc.)
- Call the Image.Save method
- Pass file path with J2K extension & object of ImageOptionsBase class
Before running the conversion example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Application, ASP.NET Web Application.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET referenced in your project.
Convert GIF to J2K - .NET
Free App to Convert GIF to J2K
- Select or drag and drop GIF image
- Choose format and click Convert button
- Click Download button to download J2K image
Check our live demos to convert GIF to J2K
GIF What is GIF File Format
A GIF or Graphical Interchange Format is a type of highly compressed image. Owned by Unisys, GIF uses the LZW compression algorithm that does not degrade the image quality. For each image GIF typically allow up to 8 bits per pixel and up to 256 colours are allowed across the image. In contrast to a JPEG image, which can display up to 16 million colours and fairly touches the limits of the human eye. Back when the internet emerged, GIFs remained the best choice because they required low bandwidth and compatible for the graphics that consume solid areas of colour. An animated GIF combines numerous images or frames into a single file and displays them in a sequence to generate an animated clip or a short video. The colour limitations are up to 256 for each frame and are likely to be the least suitable for reproducing other images and photographs with colour gradient.Read More
J2K What is J2K File Format
A J2K file is an image that is compressed using the wavelet compression instead of DCT compression.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
Using C#, one can easily convert different formats including.