Convert SVG to SVGZ via C#
Transform SVG into SVGZ using native .NET APIs without needing any image editor or 3rd-party libraries.
How to Convert SVG to SVGZ Using C#
In order to convert SVG to SVGZ, we’ll use Aspose.Imaging for .NET API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use image manipulation and conversion API for C# platform. Open NuGet package manager, search for Aspose.Imaging and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Imaging
Steps to Convert SVG to SVGZ via C#
Developers can easily load & convert SVG files to SVGZ in just a few lines of code.
- Load SVG file with Image.Load method
- Create & set the instance of required subclass of ImageOptionsBase (e.g. BmpOptions, PngOptions, etc.)
- Call the Image.Save method
- Pass file path with SVGZ extension & object of ImageOptionsBase class
Before running the conversion example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Application, ASP.NET Web Application.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Imaging for .NET referenced in your project.
Convert SVG to SVGZ - .NET
Free App to Convert SVG to SVGZ
- Select or drag and drop SVG image
- Choose format and click Convert button
- Click Download button to download SVGZ image
Check our live demos to convert SVG to SVGZ
SVG What is SVG File Format
SVG files are Scalable Vector Graphics Files that use XML based text format for describing the appearance of image. The word Scalable refers to the fact that the SVG can be scaled to different sizes without losing any quality. Text based description of such files make them independent of resolution. It is one of the mostly used format for building website and print graphics in order to achieve scalability. The format can only be used for two-dimensional graphics though. SVG files can be viewed/opened in almost all modern browsers including Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.Read More
SVGZ What is SVGZ File Format
A file with .svgz extension is a compressed version of Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG) file. It is compressed with gzip compression and contains data in XML format. SVGZ files support transparency, gradients, animations, and filters. SVGZ files are smaller in size as compared to the default SVG files and this reduced file size helps transfer the graphics files online. Graphics designer create SVGZ files using tools like Adobe Illustrator, Corel PaintShop Pro, and others. However, SVGZ files can be generated by enabling GZip compression in the Apache Server while sending out the image data.Read More
Other Supported Conversions
Using C#, one can easily convert different formats including.