How to Set PDF Metadata Using Aspose.PDF Library
To Set Metadata from PDF files, we’ll use Aspose.PDF API, which is a feature-rich, powerful, and easy-to-use document manipulation API. Open NuGet package manager, search for Aspose.PDF and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console. Aspose.PDF allows you to set file-specific information for a PDF, information like author, creation date, subject, and title.
Steps to Set Metadata of PDF
You need Aspose.PDF library to try the code in your environment.
- Load the PDF with an instance of Document.
- Set the values of the properties.
- Save the updated document using the Document class Save method.
Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows with .NET or any other OS with Java SDK or OS with GNU C/C++ Compiler collection
- Development environments like Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Atom
- Aspose.PDF for .NET, Java, C++, Python for .NET library referenced in your project.
Set PDF File Information via C#
About Aspose.PDF API
Aspose.PDF API can be used for PDF document manipulation and parsing within applications. One can create, modify, compress, secure, print or save PDF to TXT, HTML, PCL, XFA, XML, XPS, EPUB, TEX, Images and more formats. Aspose.PDF is a standalone API and it does not depend on any software including Adobe Acrobat.