.NET APIs to manipulate PowerPoint presentations
Standalone APIs to Read, Write, Manipulate & Convert PowerPoint slides to PDF, PDF/A, XPS, TIFF, HTML, ODP and other PowerPoint formats.Download Free Trial
Aspose.Slides for .NET
Aspose.Slides for .NET is a unique PowerPoint® management API that enables any .NET application to read, write, modify and convert PowerPoint presentations. Being a standalone API, Aspose.Slides for .NET doesn't require Microsoft PowerPoint.
Aspose.Slides for .NET supports most of the Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and slideshow file formats for processing and manipulation. Moreover, API offers a number of advanced features such as printing and rendering presentation slides to fixed-layout formats, HTML & images.
At A Glance
An overview of Aspose.Slides for .NET.
- Create Charts
- Work with SmartArts
- Work with PowerPoint Shapes
- Support for ActiveX Controls
- Support for Ole Objects
- Manage Text & Formatting
- Manage Hyperlink Text
- Set Placeholder Type
- Text placeholders & frames
- Supports MSO Charts
- Supports SmartArt Shapes
- Supports ActiveX Shapes
- Manage Slide Transitions
- Manage Animation Effects
- Add Connectors to Shapes
- Rotate & Flip Shapes
- Manage Shape's Line Styles
Aspose.Slides for .NET fully supports the .NET framework. It is also supported in Linux or Mac via Mono.
- ASP.NET Web Application
- Web Services
- Windows Application
Supported File Formats
API supports PowerPoint presentation formats as well as some other commonly used file formats.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX, PPS, POT, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM, POTX, POTM
- OpenOffice: ODP
- Fixed Layout: PDF, PDF/A, XPS
- Images: JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF
- Web: HTML
Advanced PowerPoint Processing API Features
Create new slides or clone existing slides from templates
Create shapes on slides
Add text to shapes
Support working with PowerPoint tables
Save & load PowerPoint files to & from streams
Handle text & shape formatting
Apply or remove protection on shapes
Scan text from presentations
Render slides to images
Export presentations to PDF
Export slides to SVG
Exporting to TIFF Notes
Add images to presentations
Embed Excel charts as OLE objects in slides
Support for Linked Ole Objects
Generate presentations from database
Generate MSO Charts
Export presentation to HTML
Import & export HTML text in slides
Support for ActiveX components
Support for SmartArt shapes
Protect presentations & resultant PDF
Support for VBA Macros
Print PowerPoint presentations
Presentation Rendering & Conversion
It is possible to convert presentations to SVG, PDF, PDF Notes, TIFF, TIFF with Notes and XPS formats directly using Aspose.Slides for .NET API. Moreover, the API supports inter-conversion of several PowerPoint presentation file formats including PPT, PPTX, POT, POTX, PPS & PPSX. Aspose.Slides for .NET also supports Open Document Presentation (ODP) file format.
Presentation API Content Features
Aspose.Slides for .NET API enables you to access, modify or create almost all the possible contents of presentations.
- Master Slides : access and modify a presentation's master slides for defining normal slides layout
- Normal Slides : access and modify existing slides or create new slides of different types.
- Cloning / Copying Slides : clone or copy existing slides within a presentation or from other presentations
- Place Holders and Text Holders : access within existing slide or create a slide with text holders from scratch
- Header and Footers : API handles header and footers in slides
- Slide's Notes : Add Notes to slides or access and modify Notes associated with a slide
- Finding a Shape : Find a shape on any slide using the alternative text associated with it
- Backgrounds : API supports working with the background associated with a master or normal slide
- Text Boxes : create Text Boxes from scratch or access and modify its text without loosing its format
- Shapes : Create or modify following shapes
- Rectangle Shapes
- Poly Line Shapes
- Ellipse Shapes
- Group Shapes
- Auto Shapes
- Shapes Serialization : Although a number of shapes supported by API and in case if shape is not supported then use serialization method through which one can serialize that from an existing slide.
- Frames :
- Picture Frames
- Audio Frames - Audio files linked or embedded in slides through audio frames
- Video Frames
- OLE Frame - OLE Objects are managed through OLE frames
- Text Frame - Text associated with any shape accessed through text frame belongs to that shape
- Tables : API supports Tables on presentation slides
- Text Scanning : Built-in scanning methods used for text scanning on presentation or slide level.
- Animations : Animations can be applied to shapes.
- Slide Shows : Slide shows and slide transitions are supported.
PowerPoint API Formatting Features
API supports Text and Shape formatting features on slides in a presentation document. Text is formatted using paragraphs and portions within each text frames. Text frames associated with shapes as shape is basic element of a slide.
- Font type
- Font size
- Font color
- Font shades
- Paragraph alignment
- Paragraph bulleting
- Paragraph orientation
- Fill (including pattern, gradient, and solid).
Aspose.Slides for .NET API provides the facility to lock presentation files in order to protect the contents from changing. It also supports password protection for presentation files as well as for the converted PDF file. Moreover, you may set read-only access modes for the generated presentations and its document properties.
Microsoft Office Automation – Not Needed
Aspose.Slides for .NET is built using managed code that does not need Microsoft Office or Microsoft PowerPoint to be installed on the machine to work with PowerPoint document formats. It is a perfect Microsoft Office automation alternative in terms of supported features, security, stability, scale-ability, speed and price.