How to Merge JIRA to MPP Using Java
In order to Merge JIRA to MPP, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use conversion API for Java platform. You can download its latest version directly from
and install it within your Maven-based project by adding the following configurations to the pom.xml.
Package Manager Console Command
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>https://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-tasks</artifactId> <version>version of aspose-tasks API</version> <classifier>jdk17</classifier> </dependency>
Steps to Merge JIRA to MPP via Java
Developers can easily load & merge JIRA files to MPP in just a few lines of code.
- Decide what entities from Jira you what to merge and how you want to map it on MS Project entities (user stories => tasks, created US date => started date, etc)
- Create new instance of Project class
- Parse Jira format to get required entities (for example if you want parse *.csv Jira backup file you may want to use Aspose.Cells)
- Add parsed entities to the created instance of Project class
- Use common .NET components to create and Fill Jira backup file format (*.csv)
Before running the merging example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with Java Runtime Environment for JSP/JSF Application and Desktop Applications.
- Get latest version of Aspose.Tasks for Java directly from Maven.
This sample code shows JIRA to MPP Java Merging
Free App to Merge JIRA to MPP
Other Supported Merging Formats
You can also merge JIRA into other file formats including few listed below.
JIRA TO MPP (Microsoft Project Data File)
JIRA TO PDF (Portable Document Format)
JIRA TO MS PROJECT (Microsoft Project Data File)