How to Merge MPP to MS PROJECT Using Java
In order to Merge MPP to MS PROJECT, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use conversion API for Java platform. You can download its latest version directly from
and install it within your Maven-based project by adding the following configurations to the pom.xml.
Package Manager Console Command
<repository> <id>AsposeJavaAPI</id> <name>Aspose Java API</name> <url>https://repository.aspose.com/repo/</url> </repository>
<dependency> <groupId>com.aspose</groupId> <artifactId>aspose-tasks</artifactId> <version>version of aspose-tasks API</version> <classifier>jdk17</classifier> </dependency>
Steps to Merge MPP to MS PROJECT via Java
Developers can easily load & merge MPP files to MS PROJECT in just a few lines of code.
- Load first file as project with Project class
- Decide what entities you what to merge (tasks, assignment, resources, etc)
- Load other files as project objects with Project class
- Add target entities from other project objects to the first one
- Call the Project.Save method with output file path & SaveFileFormat.MPP as parameters
Before running the merging example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with Java Runtime Environment for JSP/JSF Application and Desktop Applications.
- Get latest version of Aspose.Tasks for Java directly from Maven.