How to Merge JIRA to MPP Using C#
In order to Merge JIRA to MPP, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document manipulation and merging API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Tasks and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console. Please note that you need to decide what exactly entities from MS Project file you need to merge in source file.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Tasks
Steps to Merge JIRA to MPP via C#
Developers can easily load & merge JIRA files to MPP in just a few lines of code.
- Decide what entities from Jira you what to merge and how you want to map it on MS Project entities (user stories => tasks, created US date => started date, etc)
- Create new instance of Project class
- Parse Jira format to get required entities (for example if you want parse *.csv Jira backup file you may want to use Aspose.Cells)
- Add parsed entities to the created instance of Project class
- Use common .NET components to create and Fill Jira backup file format (*.csv)
Before running the merging example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, Mono and COM Interop.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
This sample code shows JIRA to MPP C# Merging
Free App to Merge JIRA to MPP
Other Supported Merging Formats
You can also merge JIRA into other file formats including few listed below.
JIRA TO MPP (Microsoft Project Data File)
JIRA TO PDF (Portable Document Format)
JIRA TO MS PROJECT (Microsoft Project Data File)