Convert ODP to DOTX using C#
Build Microsoft PowerPoint ODP Presentation to Word DOTX document conversion apps on .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Azure, Mono or Xamarin Platforms.
How to Convert ODP to DOTX Using C#
In order to automate the process for any PowerPoint odp presentation to Word dotx files batch conversion , we’ll use Aspose.Slides for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET APIs. The former is a PowerPoint presentation manipulation API that lets you create or modify Microsoft PowerPoint slides. Whereas, the latter is a word processing API for processing or manipulating Microsoft Word documents. Both APIs are part of Aspose.Total for .NET package. You can directly download from Nuget or may use the following commands from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Total
Steps to Convert ODP to DOTX via C#
Aspose.Total makes it easy for the developers to load & convert ODP files to DOTX in just a few lines of code.
- Add reference of Aspose.Slides for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET
- Load PowerPoint ODP presentation using Aspose.Slides.Presentation class
- Save the document into MemoryStream Object
- Create Aspose.Words.Document and intialize it with MemoryStream Object
- Save the document using Aspose.Words.Document.Save(“output.dotx”, SaveFormat.Dotx)
Aspose.Total for .NET is supported on all major operating systems. Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Azure, Mono or Xamarin Platforms.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
This code sample shows how to convert a ODP to DOTX using C#
Aspose.Slides.Presentation odp = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation("source.odp"); var stream = new MemoryStream(); odp.Save(stream, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Html); stream.Flush(); stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin); // stream.Position = 0; // Load the content of the presentation to a Word document var dotx = new Aspose.Words.Document(stream); // Save the Word DOTX document dotx.Save("output.dotx", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Dotx);
Free App to Convert ODP to DOTX
Check our live demos for ODP to DOTX conversion with following benefits.
About Aspose.TotalAspose.Total for .NET is complete package of document Manipulation APIs. APIs are easily integratable within any .NET based application to manipulate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PDF, Images, Barcodes and more than 100 other formats. Programmers can easily use these to create, modify, render, print and convert between most popular file formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications without the need of any other software.
Other Supported Conversions
You can also convert ODP into many other file formats including few listed below.