How to Convert PPTX to DOCM Using C#
In order to automate the process for any PowerPoint pptx presentation to Word docm files batch conversion, we’ll use Aspose.Slides for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET APIs. The former is a PowerPoint presentation manipulation API that lets you create or modify Microsoft PowerPoint slides. Whereas, the latter is a word processing API for processing or manipulating Microsoft Word documents. Both APIs are part of Aspose.Total for .NET package. You can directly download from Nuget or may use the following commands from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Total
Steps to Convert PPTX to DOCM via C#
Aspose.Total makes it easy for the developers to load & convert PPTX files to DOCM in just a few lines of code.
- Add reference of Aspose.Slides for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET
- Load PowerPoint PPTX presentation using Aspose.Slides.Presentation class
- Save the document into MemoryStream Object
- Create Aspose.Words.Document and intialize it with MemoryStream Object
- Save the document using Aspose.Words.Document.Save(“output.docm”, SaveFormat.Docm)
Aspose.Total for .NET is supported on all major operating systems. Just make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Azure, Mono or Xamarin Platforms.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET and Aspose.Words for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
This code sample shows how to convert a PPTX to DOCM using C#
Aspose.Slides.Presentation pptx = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation("source.pptx"); var stream = new MemoryStream(); pptx.Save(stream, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Html); stream.Flush(); stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin); // stream.Position = 0; // Load the content of the presentation to a Word document var docm = new Aspose.Words.Document(stream); // Save the Word DOCM document docm.Save("output.docm", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Docm);
Online Converter for PPTX to DOCM
Free App to Convert PPTX to DOCM
Check our live demos for PPTX to DOCM conversion with following benefits.
About Aspose.TotalAspose.Total for .NET is complete package of document Manipulation APIs. APIs are easily integratable within any .NET based application to manipulate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PDF, Images, Barcodes and more than 100 other formats. Programmers can easily use these to create, modify, render, print and convert between most popular file formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications without the need of any other software.
- How can I convert PPTX to DOCM Online?Online App for PPTX conversion is integrated above. To use the app, you can add your PPTX file by either dragging and dropping it into the designated area or clicking inside the area to import the file. Once the file is added, click the Convert button to initiate the conversion process. After the PPTX to DOCM conversion is complete, you can download your newly converted file with just one click, and it will be available in DOCM format.
- How long does it take to convert PPTX?this online converter is fast, but the speed of the PPTX to DOCM conversion mainly depends on the size of the PPTX file being converted. Smaller PPTX files can be rendered into DOCM format within seconds. Additionally, if you have integrated the PPTX to DOCM conversion code within a .NET application, the conversion speed will depend on how well you have optimized your application for the conversion process.
- Is it safe to convert PPTX to DOCM using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! Once the PPTX to DOCM conversion process is complete, the download link for the converted DOCM file will be instantly available. All uploaded files, including PPTX files, are deleted from the system after 24 hours, and the download links cease to function after this time period. The online converter ensures the safety and privacy of your files, and the integrated app is available free of cost for testing purposes. This allows users to check the result before integrating the code into their projects.
- What browser should I use to convert PPTX?You can utilize any contemporary web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari to convert PPTX files to DOCM online. However, if you are creating a desktop application, the Aspose.Total PPTX Conversion API is recommended for a smooth and seamless conversion process.
Explore PPTX Conversion Options with .NET
What is PPTX File Format?
The PPTX file format is the successor to the PPT (PowerPoint Presentation) format and is used by Microsoft PowerPoint, the popular presentation software included in the Microsoft Office suite. PPTX files were introduced with the release of Microsoft Office 2007 and are based on the Open XML file format.
PPTX files store presentations as a collection of individual slides, each containing various elements such as text, images, shapes, charts, tables, and multimedia content. The format uses XML-based encoding, which allows for more efficient storage, improved data recovery, and enhanced compatibility with other software applications.
One of the key advantages of the PPTX format is its smaller file size compared to the older PPT format. This is achieved through improved compression techniques and the elimination of redundant data, resulting in more compact files that are easier to share, transfer, and store.
PPTX files also offer advanced features and capabilities, including support for enhanced formatting options, slide transitions, animations, and embedded multimedia elements. The format allows for greater flexibility in designing and customizing presentations, enabling users to create visually appealing and interactive slideshows.
PPTX files can be opened, edited, and presented using Microsoft PowerPoint or compatible software applications across different platforms, including Windows, macOS, and mobile devices. They can be shared via email, uploaded to cloud storage services, or accessed through collaboration platforms for seamless teamwork and presentation delivery.
What is DOCM File Format?
The DOCM file format is an extension used by Microsoft Word to indicate a document that contains macros. Microsoft Word is a widely used word processing program that allows users to create and edit various types of documents. Macros in Word are small programs or scripts that automate repetitive tasks, enhance functionality, or add custom features to documents.
The inclusion of macros in DOCM files enables users to automate tasks within their Word documents, such as performing complex calculations, generating dynamic content, or applying specific formatting. Macros are typically written in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), a programming language integrated into Microsoft Office applications.
By using macros, users can streamline their workflow, save time, and increase productivity. They can create personalized templates, automate document formatting, or develop custom solutions tailored to their specific needs. Macros in DOCM files can be accessed and executed by users, providing an interactive and dynamic experience within the document.
It’s important to note that DOCM files can potentially contain malicious macros, as macros can be used to execute harmful actions or spread malware. As a security measure, Microsoft Word applies various security settings to restrict the execution of macros in DOCM files. Users are typically prompted to enable or disable macros when opening a DOCM file from an unknown or untrusted source.
The DOCM format is fully compatible with Microsoft Word and can be opened, edited, and saved using the application. However, compatibility with other word processing software or older versions of Microsoft Word may vary. To ensure compatibility across different platforms, it is advisable to save DOCM files in alternative formats, such as DOCX, which do not support macros.