Why to Convert
Python developers often need to convert BMP to OST format for various reasons. OST format is a proprietary file format used by Microsoft Outlook to store emails, contacts, tasks, calendar items, and other data. It is a compressed, binary file format that is used to store data locally on the user’s computer. BMP is a popular image format used for storing bitmap images. It is a raster graphics image format used to store digital images. Converting BMP to OST format can help to store the image data in a more efficient and secure manner.
How Aspose.Total helps for bmp to ost conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats including Email, Images and Microsoft Word formats. It provides a comprehensive set of APIs to automate the conversion process. It includes Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and Aspose.Email for Python via .NET APIs that makes the conversion of BMP to OST format easy using Python. It’s a two step process, firstly load the Word file and render it into HTML via Aspose.Words for Python via .NET . Secondly load the converted HTML using Aspose.Email for Python via .NET and save it into OST format. The API provides a simple and efficient way to convert BMP to OST format without any manual intervention. It also provides various features such as support for different versions of Microsoft Outlook, support for different image formats, and support for different versions of Python.
How to Convert BMP to OST in Python
- Open the source BMP file using Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output HTML file path and relevant HTML Save options as parameter. So your BMP file is converted to HTML at the specified path
- Now Load the saved HTML file using MailMessage.load
- Call the save method with relevant file path. So finally the BMP is converted
- For BMP to OST conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email )
- Or use the following pip command
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Email ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions INSTALL