Why to Convert DOC to XLSM
Converting a DOC file to XLSM format is a common requirement for many Python developers. XLSM is a Microsoft Excel macro-enabled workbook format that stores macros, formulas, and other data. It is a popular format for storing and sharing data, as it is compatible with a wide range of applications.
How Aspose.Total Helps for DOC to XLSM Conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API is a comprehensive package of APIs that can help developers automate the process of converting DOC files to XLSM format. It is a full package of various APIs dealing with different file formats. The conversion process is mainly in two steps.
Firstly, Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API is used to convert the DOC file to HTML. After that, Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET API is used to save the created HTML into the desired Microsoft Excel format. This API also provides a wide range of features such as creating, manipulating, and converting spreadsheets, as well as working with charts, images, and other elements.
The Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API is a powerful tool that can help developers automate the process of converting DOC files to XLSM format. It is easy to use and provides a wide range of features that can help developers save time and effort.
How to Convert DOC to XLSM in Python
- Step 1 Open the source DOC file using Document class
- Save DOC file to HTML by using Save method by providing the file name and desired directory path
- Step 2 Load HTML file with an instance of Workbook class with file and LoadOptions as parameters
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output XLSM file path. So your DOC file is converted to XLSM at the specified path
- For DOC to XLSM conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells )
- Or use the following pip commands
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install aspose-cells-python
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Cells ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions
Save DOC To HTML in Python - Step 1
Save HTML To XLSM in Python - Step 2
Free Online Converter for DOC to XLSM
- How can I convert DOC to XLSM Online?Above, you'll find an integrated online app for DOC conversion. To get started, simply add your DOC file by dragging and dropping it into the designated white area, or by clicking inside the area to import the document. Once your DOC file is uploaded, click the "Convert" button to begin the DOC to XLSM conversion process. When the conversion is complete, you can instantly download your newly converted XLSM file with just one click.
- How long does it take to convert DOC?The online converter we offer works quickly, but its performance primarily depends on the size of your DOC file. Smaller DOC files can be converted to XLSM in just a few seconds. If you're integrating the conversion code within a .NET application, the conversion speed will depend on how well your application has been optimized for this process.
- Is it safe to convert DOC to XLSM using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! This online converter ensures the safety of your files, including DOC file conversions. Your uploaded files are deleted after 24 hours, and the download links will not be accessible after this time period. Rest assured that no one has access to your files. Above free app is for testing purposes so that you can check the result before integrating the code.
- What browser should I use to convert DOC?The online DOC to XLSM converter can be used on any modern browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. However, if you are developing a desktop application, the Aspose.Total DOC Conversion API can provide a smooth and reliable solution for your needs.
Explore DOC Conversion Options with Python
What is DOC File Format?
The Microsoft Word Binary File Format (DOC) is a proprietary document file format employed by Microsoft Office Word. It represents a document structure that is independent of any specific computer architecture or operating system. The DOC format serves as a container file, utilizing a binary format to store various types of data, including formatted text, images, charts, and more. The binary nature of the DOC format renders it non-human-readable, but there exist several programs, such as Microsoft Word and LibreOffice, that can both read from and write to DOC files.
The DOC format was initially introduced in Word for Windows 2.0 back in 1987. It has undergone several revisions since then, with the most recent iteration being the Office Open XML format introduced in Office 2007. One of the key advantages of the DOC format lies in its compatibility with Microsoft Word, one of the most widely utilized word processing applications globally. This compatibility allows users to create and modify documents using Microsoft Word and conveniently share them with others who also utilize the application. Furthermore, many other word processing applications possess the capability to read from and write to the DOC format, making it a versatile choice for document sharing purposes.
The widespread adoption of the DOC format stems from its integration with Microsoft Word, providing users with a robust and feature-rich environment for creating and managing documents. The format’s flexibility extends beyond Microsoft Word, enabling users to work with DOC files using alternative word processing software. This versatility ensures seamless document collaboration and interchangeability among users, regardless of their chosen word processing application.
What is XLSM File Format?
The XLSM file format is another file format used by Microsoft Excel, and it stands for Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook. Similar to XLSB, XLSM files offer additional functionality and capabilities compared to the standard XLSX format.
XLSM files are designed to store spreadsheet data that includes macros. Macros are small programs or scripts that automate tasks within Excel. With the XLSM format, users can create, edit, and execute macros directly within the workbook. This makes XLSM files particularly useful for automating repetitive tasks, performing complex calculations, or creating customized functions.
By enabling macros, XLSM files allow users to enhance the functionality of their spreadsheets. Macros can be written using the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language, providing a powerful tool for customization and automation within Excel.
One of the main advantages of the XLSM format is its ability to store and execute macros seamlessly. When an XLSM file is opened, Excel enables the macros contained within the file, allowing users to utilize the automation and customization features provided by the macros.
However, it’s important to note that due to potential security risks, some Excel versions may prompt users to enable or disable macros when opening an XLSM file. This is done to protect against potentially malicious macros that could harm the system or compromise data.