Why to Convert DOCM to EML?
DOCM is a Microsoft Word Open XML Macro-Enabled Document file format that is used to store documents with macros. It is a combination of XML markup and binary files that are used to store the document’s data. On the other hand, EML is an email message file format that is used to store email messages. It is a plain text file that contains the headers and body of the message. Converting DOCM to EML can be useful for developers who want to store emails in a format that is easy to access and manipulate.
How Aspose.Total Helps for DOCM to EML Conversion?
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats including Email, Images and Microsoft Word formats. It provides two APIs, Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and Aspose.Email for Python via .NET, which can be used to automate the conversion process. It is a two step process, firstly load the Word file and render it into HTML via Aspose.Words for Python via .NET. Secondly load the converted HTML using Aspose.Email for Python via .NET and save it into EML format. This makes the conversion process easy and efficient for Python developers.
How to Convert DOCM to EML in Python
- Open the source DOCM file using Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output HTML file path and relevant HTML Save options as parameter. So your DOCM file is converted to HTML at the specified path
- Now Load the saved HTML file using MailMessage.load
- Call the save method with relevant file path. So finally the DOCM is converted
- For DOCM to EML conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email )
- Or use the following pip command
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Email ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions INSTALL