Why to Convert
Converting a DOT file to OFT format is a common requirement for Python developers. DOT files are Microsoft Word templates which are used to create new documents with the same formatting and layout. OFT files are Outlook templates which are used to create new emails with the same formatting and layout. Converting DOT to OFT allows developers to create emails with the same formatting and layout as the original Word document.
How Aspose.Total Helps for DOT to OFT Conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats including Email, Images and Microsoft Word formats. It includes Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and Aspose.Email for Python via .NET APIs which makes the conversion of DOT to OFT easy using Python. It’s a two step process, firstly load the Word file and render it into HTML via Aspose.Words for Python via .NET. Secondly load the converted HTML using Aspose.Email for Python via .NET and save it into OFT format. This process can be automated using the Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API.
How to Convert DOT to OFT in Python
- Open the source DOT file using Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output HTML file path and relevant HTML Save options as parameter. So your DOT file is converted to HTML at the specified path
- Now Load the saved HTML file using MailMessage.load
- Call the save method with relevant file path. So finally the DOT is converted
- For DOT to OFT conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email )
- Or use the following pip command
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Email ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions INSTALL