Why to Convert DOTX to VCF?
The DOTX file format is a Microsoft Word template file that is used to create documents with a consistent look and feel. It is a great way to ensure that all documents created with the same template have the same formatting and layout. However, the DOTX file format is not compatible with many other applications, including contact management applications. This is where the VCF file format comes in. VCF, or vCard, is a file format used to store contact information, such as name, address, phone number, and email address. Converting a DOTX file to a VCF file allows the contact information stored in the DOTX file to be used in other applications.
How Aspose.Total helps for dotx to vcf conversion?
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats including Email, Images and Microsoft Word formats. It provides a comprehensive set of APIs to help developers automate the conversion process from DOTX to VCF. The two APIs that are part of the Aspose.Total package, Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and Aspose.Email for Python via .NET, make this conversion easy using Python. The conversion process is a two-step process. Firstly, the Word file is loaded and rendered into HTML via Aspose.Words for Python via .NET. Secondly, the converted HTML is loaded using Aspose.Email for Python via .NET and saved into VCF format. This process is simple and efficient, allowing developers to quickly and easily convert DOTX files to VCF files.
How to Convert DOTX to VCF in Python
- Open the source DOTX file using Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output HTML file path and relevant HTML Save options as parameter. So your DOTX file is converted to HTML at the specified path
- Now Load the saved HTML file using MailMessage.load
- Call the save method with relevant file path. So finally the DOTX is converted
- For DOTX to VCF conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email )
- Or use the following pip command
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Email ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions INSTALL