Why to Convert Excel to OTT
Excel is a popular spreadsheet application used to store and manage data. It is widely used in various industries for data analysis, reporting, and other data-related tasks. However, Excel files are not compatible with other applications, such as OpenOffice, which uses the OpenDocument Text (OTT) format. Therefore, it is necessary to convert Excel files to OTT format in order to use them in other applications.
How Aspose.Total Helps for Excel to OTT Conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a comprehensive package of APIs that can help Python developers automate the conversion process from Excel to OTT. It includes APIs for dealing with different file formats, including Excel and OTT files. The conversion process is done in two steps.
The first step is to use the Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET API to convert the Excel file to HTML. This API provides a wide range of features for working with Excel files, such as reading and writing data, formatting cells, and more.
The second step is to use the Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API to save the created HTML into the desired Microsoft Word format. This API provides a wide range of features for working with Word documents, such as creating, editing, and converting documents.
By using Aspose.Total for Python via .NET, Python developers can easily automate the conversion process from Excel to OTT. It is a comprehensive package of APIs that can help developers save time and effort when dealing with different file formats.
How to Convert EXCEL to OTT in Python
- Step 1 Open the source EXCEL file using Workbook class
- Save EXCEL file to HTML by using save(file, SaveFormat.HTML) method by providing the file name and desired directory path
- Step 2 Load HTML file with an instance of Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output OTT file path. So your EXCEL file is converted to OTT at the specified path
- For EXCEL to OTT conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words )
- Or use the following pip commands
pip install aspose-cells-pythonand
pip install aspose.words
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Cells and Words ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions
Save EXCEL To HTML in Python - Step 1
Save HTML To OTT in Python - Step 2
Free Online Converter for EXCEL to OTT
- How can I convert EXCEL to OTT Online?Online App for EXCEL conversion is integrated above. To begin with, you can convert EXCEL files to OTT by either dragging and dropping the file or clicking inside the white area to import the document. Once the file is uploaded, click on the 'Convert' button. After the EXCEL to OTT conversion is completed, you can easily download your converted file with just one click. This will provide you with the output OTT files.
- How long does it take to convert EXCEL?The online EXCEL to OTT converter works fast, but the speed mainly depends on the size of the EXCEL file you are converting. Smaller EXCEL files can be rendered to OTT format in just a few seconds. Additionally, if you have integrated the conversion code within your .NET application, the speed of the conversion process will depend on how well you have optimized your application.
- Is it safe to convert EXCEL to OTT using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! The download link of OTT files will be available instantly after conversion. After 24 hours of uploading your files, we delete them, and the download links become inactive. Rest assured that no one has access to your files, and file conversion, including EXCEL, is completely safe. A free app is mainly integrated for testing purposes, allowing you to check the result before integrating the code.
- What browser should I use to convert EXCEL?You can utilize any modern web browser, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari, for this online conversion. However, if you're developing a desktop application, the Aspose.Total EXCEL Conversion API will work seamlessly.
Explore EXCEL Conversion Options with Python
What is EXCEL File Format?
Microsoft Excel is a widely used spreadsheet software known for its ability to save and share data in various file formats. The different file formats supported by Excel offer flexibility and compatibility with other software applications.
The default file format in Excel is XLS, while the newer and more efficient XLSX format has gained popularity. XLSX files have advantages such as smaller file sizes, improved data recovery, and better compatibility with other programs.
For simpler data exchange, Excel supports CSV (Comma-Separated Values) and TXT (Plain Text) formats. CSV files use commas to separate data, making them easily readable by different applications. TXT files store plain text data without any formatting.
To preserve formatting and layout when sharing data, Excel allows saving files in the PDF (Portable Document Format) format. PDF files are widely used for publishing Excel data while retaining its visual presentation.
For collaborative projects, Excel offers the ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet) format, which is open-source and compatible with various software applications.
DBF (dBASE File) is a less commonly used format in Excel, but it is advantageous for handling large datasets and is compatible with dBASE software.
Excel also supports formats like XLT (Excel Template), XLTX (Excel Open XML Template), XLTM (Excel Macro-Enabled Template), and XML (eXtensible Markup Language) for template usage or data exchange between different software applications.
What is OTT File Format?
OTT (OpenDocument Template) is a file format used for creating templates in the OpenDocument format. OpenDocument is an open standard for office documents, including text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. OTT files specifically serve as templates for creating new documents with predefined styles, formatting, and content.
OTT files are based on the XML-based OpenDocument format, which ensures interoperability and compatibility across different office suites and applications that support the OpenDocument standard, such as LibreOffice, Apache OpenOffice, and Calligra Suite.
When you open an OTT file, it serves as a starting point for creating a new document. It contains placeholders, predefined styles, and other elements that help structure the content and maintain consistency throughout the document. Users can modify the template as needed, such as replacing placeholders with actual content, adjusting styles, and adding or removing sections.
The advantage of using OTT files is that they provide a convenient and efficient way to create documents with consistent formatting and layout. By starting with a template, users can save time and effort in setting up the document structure and formatting from scratch.
OTT files can be easily shared and distributed, allowing others to use the same template to create documents with a unified look and feel. They also support customization options, allowing users to personalize the template according to their specific needs.