Why to Convert FODS to Word?
The FODS file format is a native format of OpenOffice and LibreOffice, which is used to store spreadsheets, charts, and graphical elements. It is a great choice for storing and sharing data, but it is not compatible with Microsoft Word. Therefore, if you need to open a FODS file in Word, you need to convert it to a Word-compatible format.
How Aspose.Total Helps for FODS to Word Conversion?
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API is a comprehensive package of various APIs that can help developers to automate the conversion process from FODS to Word. It is a full package of APIs dealing with different file formats, including FODS and WORD files. The conversion process is mainly in two steps.
Firstly, the Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET API is used to convert the FODS file to HTML. After that, the Word Python API, Aspose.Words for Python via .NET, is used to save the created HTML into the desired Microsoft Word format. This API provides a wide range of features and options to customize the output Word document. It also supports a variety of Word document formats, such as DOC, DOCX, RTF, and ODT.
The Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API is a great choice for developers who are looking for a comprehensive package of APIs to automate the conversion process from FODS to Word. It is easy to use and provides a wide range of features and options to customize the output Word document.
How to Convert FODS to WORD in Python
- Step 1 Open the source FODS file using Workbook class
- Save FODS file to HTML by using save(file, SaveFormat.HTML) method by providing the file name and desired directory path
- Step 2 Load HTML file with an instance of Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output WORD file path. So your FODS file is converted to WORD at the specified path
- For FODS to WORD conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words )
- Or use the following pip commands
pip install aspose-cells-pythonand
pip install aspose.words
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Cells and Words ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions
Save FODS To HTML in Python - Step 1
Save HTML To WORD in Python - Step 2
Free Online Converter for FODS to WORD
- How can I convert FODS to WORD Online?Online App for FODS conversion is integrated above. To begin with, you can convert FODS files to WORD by either dragging and dropping the file or clicking inside the white area to import the document. Once the file is uploaded, click on the 'Convert' button. After the FODS to WORD conversion is completed, you can easily download your converted file with just one click. This will provide you with the output WORD files.
- How long does it take to convert FODS?The online FODS to WORD converter works fast, but the speed mainly depends on the size of the FODS file you are converting. Smaller FODS files can be rendered to WORD format in just a few seconds. Additionally, if you have integrated the conversion code within your .NET application, the speed of the conversion process will depend on how well you have optimized your application.
- Is it safe to convert FODS to WORD using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! The download link of WORD files will be available instantly after conversion. After 24 hours of uploading your files, we delete them, and the download links become inactive. Rest assured that no one has access to your files, and file conversion, including FODS, is completely safe. A free app is mainly integrated for testing purposes, allowing you to check the result before integrating the code.
- What browser should I use to convert FODS?You can utilize any modern web browser, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari, for this online conversion. However, if you're developing a desktop application, the Aspose.Total FODS Conversion API will work seamlessly.