Why to Convert OFT to OTT?
The OFT format is a proprietary file format used by Microsoft Outlook to store email messages. It is not compatible with other email clients and applications, so it is necessary to convert OFT files to OTT format, which is an open standard format that is supported by most email clients and applications.
How Aspose.Total Helps for OFT to OTT Conversion?
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a comprehensive package of APIs that can help Python developers automate the conversion process from OFT to OTT. It includes Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and Aspose.Email for Python via .NET APIs, which make the conversion process easy and efficient. The process involves two steps: firstly, the Email is loaded and rendered into HTML using Aspose.Email for Python via .NET, and secondly, the converted HTML is loaded using Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and saved into the respective Word OTT format. This process is fast and efficient, and it ensures that the converted file is compatible with most email clients and applications.
How to Convert OFT to OTT in Python
- Open the source OFT file using MailMessage.load class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output HTML file path and relevant HTML Save options as parameter. So your OFT file is converted to HTML at the specified path
- Now Load the saved HTML file using Document
- Call the save method with relevant file path. So finally the OFT is converted
- For OFT to OTT conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email )
- Or use the following pip command
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Email ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions INSTALL