Why to Convert
Converting OTT to OST format is important for a Python developer who is trying to add a conversion feature within their application. OTT is a file format used by Microsoft Word, while OST is a file format used by Microsoft Outlook. OST files are used to store emails, contacts, calendar items, and other data in an offline mode. Converting OTT to OST allows the user to access the data stored in the OTT file in an offline mode.
How Aspose.Total helps for ott to ost conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats including Email, Images and Microsoft Word formats. It includes Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and Aspose.Email for Python via .NET APIs that make the conversion process easy using Python. It’s a two step process, firstly load the Word file and render it into HTML via Aspose.Words for Python via .NET . Secondly load the converted HTML using Aspose.Email for Python via .NET and save it into OST format. This process is automated and can be done quickly and efficiently with the help of Aspose.Total for Python via .NET.
The APIs provided by Aspose.Total for Python via .NET are easy to use and can be integrated into any application. It also provides a wide range of features such as the ability to convert OTT to OST, create and modify documents, and convert documents to other formats. Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a great tool for developers who are looking to add a OTT to OST conversion feature within their application.
How to Convert OTT to OST in Python
- Open the source OTT file using Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output HTML file path and relevant HTML Save options as parameter. So your OTT file is converted to HTML at the specified path
- Now Load the saved HTML file using MailMessage.load
- Call the save method with relevant file path. So finally the OTT is converted
- For OTT to OST conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email )
- Or use the following pip command
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Email ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions INSTALL