Why to Convert OTT to PST?
OTT (Outlook Template) is a file format used by Microsoft Outlook to store email messages, calendar events, contacts, tasks, and other items. It is a proprietary format and is not supported by other email clients. PST (Personal Storage Table) is a file format used by Microsoft Outlook to store emails, contacts, tasks, and other items. It is a widely used format and is supported by most email clients. Therefore, it is necessary to convert OTT to PST in order to make the data accessible in other email clients.
How Aspose.Total helps for OTT to PST Conversion?
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats including Email, Images and Microsoft Word formats. It helps to automate the conversion process from OTT to PST. It consists of two APIs, Aspose.Words for Python via .NET and Aspose.Email for Python via .NET, which makes the conversion process easy using Python. It is a two step process, firstly load the Word file and render it into HTML via Aspose.Words for Python via .NET. Secondly load the converted HTML using Aspose.Email for Python via .NET and save it into PST format. This way, Aspose.Total for Python via .NET helps to convert OTT to PST easily and quickly.
How to Convert OTT to PST in Python
- Open the source OTT file using Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output HTML file path and relevant HTML Save options as parameter. So your OTT file is converted to HTML at the specified path
- Now Load the saved HTML file using MailMessage.load
- Call the save method with relevant file path. So finally the OTT is converted
- For OTT to PST conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email )
- Or use the following pip command
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install Aspose.Email-for-Python-via-NET
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Email ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions INSTALL