Why to Convert WordML to Excel
WordML is a markup language used to represent a Microsoft Word document. It is an XML-based format that stores the content of a Word document in an XML file. It is used to store and transport documents between different applications. However, it is not suitable for data analysis and manipulation. Therefore, it is necessary to convert WordML to Excel, which is a powerful spreadsheet application that can be used for data analysis and manipulation.
How Aspose.Total helps for WordML to Excel Conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats. It can help to automate the conversion process from WordML to Excel. It is mainly in two steps. Firstly, use Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API to convert WordML file to HTML. After that, by using Excel Python API Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET, save the created HTML into desired Microsoft Excel format.
Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API is a powerful Word processing API that enables developers to create, read, edit, and convert Word documents without using Microsoft Word. It supports a wide range of features such as document manipulation, document conversion, document comparison, document protection, and many more.
Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET API is a powerful Excel processing API that enables developers to create, read, edit, and convert Excel documents without using Microsoft Excel. It supports a wide range of features such as document manipulation, document conversion, document comparison, document protection, and many more.
By using Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API, developers can easily automate the conversion process from WordML to Excel. It is a powerful and reliable API that can help developers to quickly and easily convert WordML to Excel.
How to Convert WORDML to EXCEL in Python
- Step 1 Open the source WORDML file using Document class
- Save WORDML file to HTML by using Save method by providing the file name and desired directory path
- Step 2 Load HTML file with an instance of Workbook class with file and LoadOptions as parameters
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output EXCEL file path. So your WORDML file is converted to EXCEL at the specified path
- For WORDML to EXCEL conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells )
- Or use the following pip commands
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install aspose-cells-python
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Cells ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions
Save WORDML To HTML in Python - Step 1
Save HTML To EXCEL in Python - Step 2
Free Online Converter for WORDML to EXCEL
- How can I convert WORDML to EXCEL Online?Above, you'll find an integrated online app for WORDML conversion. To get started, simply add your WORDML file by dragging and dropping it into the designated white area, or by clicking inside the area to import the document. Once your WORDML file is uploaded, click the "Convert" button to begin the WORDML to EXCEL conversion process. When the conversion is complete, you can instantly download your newly converted EXCEL file with just one click.
- How long does it take to convert WORDML?The online converter we offer works quickly, but its performance primarily depends on the size of your WORDML file. Smaller WORDML files can be converted to EXCEL in just a few seconds. If you're integrating the conversion code within a .NET application, the conversion speed will depend on how well your application has been optimized for this process.
- Is it safe to convert WORDML to EXCEL using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! This online converter ensures the safety of your files, including WORDML file conversions. Your uploaded files are deleted after 24 hours, and the download links will not be accessible after this time period. Rest assured that no one has access to your files. Above free app is for testing purposes so that you can check the result before integrating the code.
- What browser should I use to convert WORDML?The online WORDML to EXCEL converter can be used on any modern browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. However, if you are developing a desktop application, the Aspose.Total WORDML Conversion API can provide a smooth and reliable solution for your needs.
Explore WORDML Conversion Options with Python
What is WORDML File Format?
Microsoft Word 2003 introduced a proprietary document format known as WordprocessingML. This format, based on XML, utilizes a custom XML schema to store various elements of a Word document, encompassing text, formatting, images, and other content. WordprocessingML aims to provide a comprehensive representation of all document information while maintaining both human-readable and machine-readable qualities.
Being human-readable means that WordprocessingML documents can be easily accessed and edited using a standard text editor. This accessibility allows users to directly manipulate the underlying XML structure if needed. Additionally, WordprocessingML is designed to facilitate automated processing and conversion by computer systems, enabling seamless transformation into other formats or integration with different software applications.
WordprocessingML is an open standard, meaning that its specifications are publicly available for reference and implementation by developers. This openness has fostered the development of numerous software programs, including open-source solutions like OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice, which can read and write WordprocessingML documents. The availability of such tools expands the accessibility and interoperability of WordprocessingML files beyond the Microsoft Word ecosystem.
Microsoft Word, being one of the most widely used word processing programs worldwide, has contributed to the popularity of WordprocessingML as an XML-based word processing format. Its broad acceptance has established WordprocessingML as a prevalent standard for sharing and exchanging richly formatted documents.
What is EXCEL File Format?
Microsoft Excel is a widely used spreadsheet software known for its ability to save and share data in various file formats. The different file formats supported by Excel offer flexibility and compatibility with other software applications.
The default file format in Excel is XLS, while the newer and more efficient XLSX format has gained popularity. XLSX files have advantages such as smaller file sizes, improved data recovery, and better compatibility with other programs.
For simpler data exchange, Excel supports CSV (Comma-Separated Values) and TXT (Plain Text) formats. CSV files use commas to separate data, making them easily readable by different applications. TXT files store plain text data without any formatting.
To preserve formatting and layout when sharing data, Excel allows saving files in the PDF (Portable Document Format) format. PDF files are widely used for publishing Excel data while retaining its visual presentation.
For collaborative projects, Excel offers the ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet) format, which is open-source and compatible with various software applications.
DBF (dBASE File) is a less commonly used format in Excel, but it is advantageous for handling large datasets and is compatible with dBASE software.
Excel also supports formats like XLT (Excel Template), XLTX (Excel Open XML Template), XLTM (Excel Macro-Enabled Template), and XML (eXtensible Markup Language) for template usage or data exchange between different software applications.