Why to Convert WordML to XLS
WordML is a markup language used to represent Microsoft Word documents. It is an XML-based format that is used to store and transport documents. It is used to store documents in a structured format, which makes it easier to read and manipulate. However, it is not suitable for data analysis and manipulation. Therefore, it is necessary to convert WordML to XLS, which is a spreadsheet format. XLS is a popular format for data analysis and manipulation. It is widely used in business and finance applications.
How Aspose.Total Helps for WordML to XLS Conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a comprehensive package of APIs that can help developers automate the conversion process from WordML to XLS. It is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats. It is mainly in two steps. Firstly use Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API to convert WORDML file to HTML. After that by using Excel Python API Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET, save the created HTML into desired Microsoft Excel format.
Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API is a powerful API that can be used to convert WordML to HTML. It provides a wide range of features such as document manipulation, document conversion, document comparison, and document protection. It also supports a wide range of formats such as DOC, DOCX, ODT, RTF, HTML, and PDF.
Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET API is a powerful API that can be used to save HTML into desired Microsoft Excel format. It provides a wide range of features such as spreadsheet manipulation, spreadsheet conversion, spreadsheet comparison, and spreadsheet protection. It also supports a wide range of formats such as XLS, XLSX, ODS, CSV, HTML, and PDF.
In conclusion, Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API is a comprehensive package of APIs that can help developers automate the conversion process from WordML to XLS. It is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats. It is mainly in two steps. Firstly use Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API to convert WORDML file to HTML. After that by using Excel Python API Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET, save the created HTML into desired Microsoft Excel format.
How to Convert WORDML to XLS in Python
- Step 1 Open the source WORDML file using Document class
- Save WORDML file to HTML by using Save method by providing the file name and desired directory path
- Step 2 Load HTML file with an instance of Workbook class with file and LoadOptions as parameters
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output XLS file path. So your WORDML file is converted to XLS at the specified path
- For WORDML to XLS conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells )
- Or use the following pip commands
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install aspose-cells-python
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Cells ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions
Save WORDML To HTML in Python - Step 1
Save HTML To XLS in Python - Step 2
Free Online Converter for WORDML to XLS
- How can I convert WORDML to XLS Online?Above, you'll find an integrated online app for WORDML conversion. To get started, simply add your WORDML file by dragging and dropping it into the designated white area, or by clicking inside the area to import the document. Once your WORDML file is uploaded, click the "Convert" button to begin the WORDML to XLS conversion process. When the conversion is complete, you can instantly download your newly converted XLS file with just one click.
- How long does it take to convert WORDML?The online converter we offer works quickly, but its performance primarily depends on the size of your WORDML file. Smaller WORDML files can be converted to XLS in just a few seconds. If you're integrating the conversion code within a .NET application, the conversion speed will depend on how well your application has been optimized for this process.
- Is it safe to convert WORDML to XLS using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! This online converter ensures the safety of your files, including WORDML file conversions. Your uploaded files are deleted after 24 hours, and the download links will not be accessible after this time period. Rest assured that no one has access to your files. Above free app is for testing purposes so that you can check the result before integrating the code.
- What browser should I use to convert WORDML?The online WORDML to XLS converter can be used on any modern browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. However, if you are developing a desktop application, the Aspose.Total WORDML Conversion API can provide a smooth and reliable solution for your needs.
Explore WORDML Conversion Options with Python
What is WORDML File Format?
Microsoft Word 2003 introduced a proprietary document format known as WordprocessingML. This format, based on XML, utilizes a custom XML schema to store various elements of a Word document, encompassing text, formatting, images, and other content. WordprocessingML aims to provide a comprehensive representation of all document information while maintaining both human-readable and machine-readable qualities.
Being human-readable means that WordprocessingML documents can be easily accessed and edited using a standard text editor. This accessibility allows users to directly manipulate the underlying XML structure if needed. Additionally, WordprocessingML is designed to facilitate automated processing and conversion by computer systems, enabling seamless transformation into other formats or integration with different software applications.
WordprocessingML is an open standard, meaning that its specifications are publicly available for reference and implementation by developers. This openness has fostered the development of numerous software programs, including open-source solutions like OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice, which can read and write WordprocessingML documents. The availability of such tools expands the accessibility and interoperability of WordprocessingML files beyond the Microsoft Word ecosystem.
Microsoft Word, being one of the most widely used word processing programs worldwide, has contributed to the popularity of WordprocessingML as an XML-based word processing format. Its broad acceptance has established WordprocessingML as a prevalent standard for sharing and exchanging richly formatted documents.
What is XLS File Format?
The Excel XLS file format is a widely used and well-known file format for storing spreadsheet data. It is associated with Microsoft Excel, which is one of the most popular spreadsheet software applications. XLS stands for “Excel Spreadsheet” and has been a standard file format for Excel since its early versions.
The XLS file format is binary-based, meaning that it stores data in binary form rather than using XML or text-based formatting. This makes it more efficient for storing and processing large amounts of data. XLS files can contain multiple worksheets, each consisting of cells organized in rows and columns. These cells can hold various types of data, including text, numbers, dates, formulas, and formatting.
Excel provides a wide range of features and functionalities within the XLS file format. Users can perform complex calculations using formulas, apply formatting options to enhance the visual appearance of data, create charts and graphs, and utilize various data analysis tools. Additionally, Excel supports macros, which are scripts that automate repetitive tasks or perform custom operations within the spreadsheet.
Over the years, Microsoft has introduced newer file formats like XLSX, which is based on XML and offers enhanced features and compatibility. However, the XLS format continues to be supported by Excel and can be opened and edited by newer versions of the software.
The XLS file format has become an industry standard, widely used in businesses, educational institutions, and personal applications for data analysis, reporting, financial modeling, and more. Its widespread adoption and compatibility make it a reliable choice for storing and sharing spreadsheet data.