Why to Convert
For a Python developer, the need to convert WORDML to XLSM arises when they are trying to add a feature within their application. WORDML is a markup language used to create documents, while XLSM is a Microsoft Excel file format that stores macros, scripts, and other types of data. Converting WORDML to XLSM allows the developer to store the data in a more organized and efficient manner.
How Aspose.Total Helps for WordML to XLSM Conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET API is a full package of various APIs dealing different formats. It helps to automate the conversion process from WORDML to XLSM in two steps. Firstly, Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API is used to convert WORDML file to HTML. After that, Excel Python API Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET is used to save the created HTML into the desired Microsoft Excel format. This API is easy to use and provides a wide range of features that make the conversion process faster and more efficient.
How to Convert WORDML to XLSM in Python
- Step 1 Open the source WORDML file using Document class
- Save WORDML file to HTML by using Save method by providing the file name and desired directory path
- Step 2 Load HTML file with an instance of Workbook class with file and LoadOptions as parameters
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output XLSM file path. So your WORDML file is converted to XLSM at the specified path
- For WORDML to XLSM conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells )
- Or use the following pip commands
pip install aspose.wordsand
pip install aspose-cells-python
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Words and Cells ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions
Save WORDML To HTML in Python - Step 1
Save HTML To XLSM in Python - Step 2
Free Online Converter for WORDML to XLSM
- How can I convert WORDML to XLSM Online?Above, you'll find an integrated online app for WORDML conversion. To get started, simply add your WORDML file by dragging and dropping it into the designated white area, or by clicking inside the area to import the document. Once your WORDML file is uploaded, click the "Convert" button to begin the WORDML to XLSM conversion process. When the conversion is complete, you can instantly download your newly converted XLSM file with just one click.
- How long does it take to convert WORDML?The online converter we offer works quickly, but its performance primarily depends on the size of your WORDML file. Smaller WORDML files can be converted to XLSM in just a few seconds. If you're integrating the conversion code within a .NET application, the conversion speed will depend on how well your application has been optimized for this process.
- Is it safe to convert WORDML to XLSM using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! This online converter ensures the safety of your files, including WORDML file conversions. Your uploaded files are deleted after 24 hours, and the download links will not be accessible after this time period. Rest assured that no one has access to your files. Above free app is for testing purposes so that you can check the result before integrating the code.
- What browser should I use to convert WORDML?The online WORDML to XLSM converter can be used on any modern browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. However, if you are developing a desktop application, the Aspose.Total WORDML Conversion API can provide a smooth and reliable solution for your needs.
Explore WORDML Conversion Options with Python
What is WORDML File Format?
Microsoft Word 2003 introduced a proprietary document format known as WordprocessingML. This format, based on XML, utilizes a custom XML schema to store various elements of a Word document, encompassing text, formatting, images, and other content. WordprocessingML aims to provide a comprehensive representation of all document information while maintaining both human-readable and machine-readable qualities.
Being human-readable means that WordprocessingML documents can be easily accessed and edited using a standard text editor. This accessibility allows users to directly manipulate the underlying XML structure if needed. Additionally, WordprocessingML is designed to facilitate automated processing and conversion by computer systems, enabling seamless transformation into other formats or integration with different software applications.
WordprocessingML is an open standard, meaning that its specifications are publicly available for reference and implementation by developers. This openness has fostered the development of numerous software programs, including open-source solutions like OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice, which can read and write WordprocessingML documents. The availability of such tools expands the accessibility and interoperability of WordprocessingML files beyond the Microsoft Word ecosystem.
Microsoft Word, being one of the most widely used word processing programs worldwide, has contributed to the popularity of WordprocessingML as an XML-based word processing format. Its broad acceptance has established WordprocessingML as a prevalent standard for sharing and exchanging richly formatted documents.
What is XLSM File Format?
The XLSM file format is another file format used by Microsoft Excel, and it stands for Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook. Similar to XLSB, XLSM files offer additional functionality and capabilities compared to the standard XLSX format.
XLSM files are designed to store spreadsheet data that includes macros. Macros are small programs or scripts that automate tasks within Excel. With the XLSM format, users can create, edit, and execute macros directly within the workbook. This makes XLSM files particularly useful for automating repetitive tasks, performing complex calculations, or creating customized functions.
By enabling macros, XLSM files allow users to enhance the functionality of their spreadsheets. Macros can be written using the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language, providing a powerful tool for customization and automation within Excel.
One of the main advantages of the XLSM format is its ability to store and execute macros seamlessly. When an XLSM file is opened, Excel enables the macros contained within the file, allowing users to utilize the automation and customization features provided by the macros.
However, it’s important to note that due to potential security risks, some Excel versions may prompt users to enable or disable macros when opening an XLSM file. This is done to protect against potentially malicious macros that could harm the system or compromise data.