Why to Convert XLSX to DOTX
Converting XLSX to DOTX is a common requirement for Python developers. XLSX is a Microsoft Excel Open XML Format Spreadsheet file, while DOTX is a Microsoft Word Open XML Format Template file. XLSX files are used to store data in tabular form, while DOTX files are used to store document templates. Converting XLSX to DOTX allows developers to create documents from templates and populate them with data from XLSX files.
How Aspose.Total Helps for XLSX to DOTX Conversion
Aspose.Total for Python via .NET is a comprehensive suite of APIs that can help developers automate the process of converting XLSX to DOTX. It includes APIs for dealing with different file formats, including XLSX and DOTX files. The conversion process is done in two steps. Firstly, Aspose.Cells for Python via .NET API is used to convert the XLSX file to HTML. Then, Aspose.Words for Python via .NET API is used to save the created HTML into the desired Microsoft Word format. This makes it easy for developers to quickly and easily convert XLSX to DOTX.
How to Convert XLSX to DOTX in Python
- Step 1 Open the source XLSX file using Workbook class
- Save XLSX file to HTML by using save(file, SaveFormat.HTML) method by providing the file name and desired directory path
- Step 2 Load HTML file with an instance of Document class
- Call the
savemethod while specifying output DOTX file path. So your XLSX file is converted to DOTX at the specified path
- For XLSX to DOTX conversion, Python 3.5 or later is required
- Reference APIs within the project directly from PyPI ( Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words )
- Or use the following pip commands
pip install aspose-cells-pythonand
pip install aspose.words
- Moreover, Microsoft Windows or Linux based OS (see more for Cells and Words ) and for Linux check additional requirements for gcc and libpython and follow step by step instructions
Save XLSX To HTML in Python - Step 1
Save HTML To DOTX in Python - Step 2
Free Online Converter for XLSX to DOTX
- How can I convert XLSX to DOTX Online?Online App for XLSX conversion is integrated above. To begin with, you can convert XLSX files to DOTX by either dragging and dropping the file or clicking inside the white area to import the document. Once the file is uploaded, click on the 'Convert' button. After the XLSX to DOTX conversion is completed, you can easily download your converted file with just one click. This will provide you with the output DOTX files.
- How long does it take to convert XLSX?The online XLSX to DOTX converter works fast, but the speed mainly depends on the size of the XLSX file you are converting. Smaller XLSX files can be rendered to DOTX format in just a few seconds. Additionally, if you have integrated the conversion code within your .NET application, the speed of the conversion process will depend on how well you have optimized your application.
- Is it safe to convert XLSX to DOTX using free Aspose.Total converter?Of course! The download link of DOTX files will be available instantly after conversion. After 24 hours of uploading your files, we delete them, and the download links become inactive. Rest assured that no one has access to your files, and file conversion, including XLSX, is completely safe. A free app is mainly integrated for testing purposes, allowing you to check the result before integrating the code.
- What browser should I use to convert XLSX?You can utilize any modern web browser, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari, for this online conversion. However, if you're developing a desktop application, the Aspose.Total XLSX Conversion API will work seamlessly.