How to Lock Zip Archive Using C#
For protecting a zip archive, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use API. It allows to compress & decompress ZIP, TAR, GZIP, BZ2 file formats on .NET platform without installing any software like WinRAR or 7ZIP. Moreover, developers can convert archive to another format. To add the reference, Open
package manager, search for
Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console
Install-Package Aspose.ZIP .
Steps to Protect Zip Archive in C#
Protecting archive using password with
APIs can be done with just few lines of code.
- Create FileStream object with the output ZIP archive file path as parameter with mod FileMode.Create.
- Open and read the source file into a FileStream object with mod FileMode.Open and FileAccess.Read.
- Create Archive class object with ArchiveEntrySettings object as parameter.
- Use TraditionalEncryptionSettings as parameters to ArchiveEntrySettings.
- Use Archive.Save(FileStream) method for creating the archive.
Password Protection Requirements
Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project
- Add namespace in relevant class file