How to Merge several CAB files to a single TAR.BZ2 using C#
In order to merge several archives into one, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use archive manipulation API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Zip
Steps to Merge CAB archives to one TAR.BZ2 via C#
Combine several archives to another single one consist of following steps:
- Define full path to archives.
- Prepare an empty folder that will be used as intermediate storage.
- Using the Archive objects, extract their content to intermediate folder using its ExtractToDirectory method.
- Compose destination archive of desired format, supplying intermediate storage as their source.
- You will get merged archive having overall content of those archives.
Before running the merger example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, Mono and COM Interop.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
Free App to Merge CAB
Check our live demos for CAB merger with following benefits.
No need to download or setup anything.
No need to write any code.
Just upload your CAB archives and hit the "Merge" button.
You will instantly get the download link for combined TAR.BZ2 file.
A reliable Aspose.ZIP Library that can compress, extract, encrypt, decrypt, convert and merge archives. Aspose.ZIP for .NET API allows to manipulate various archive types without without going into the underlying complexity of the compress file formats with minimum coding efforts.
Other Supported Merge archives
You can also combine CAB into many other file formats including few listed below.
CAB TO ZIP (Zipped (compressed) Files)
CAB TO 7ZIP (7zip Archive)
CAB TO TAR.BZ2 (Burrows–Wheeler Compressor)
CAB TO CPIO (Copy In, Copy Out Archive)
CAB TO TAR.GZ (Streaming Deflate Compressor)
CAB TO TAR.LZ (LZMA Multi-Block Compressed Data)
CAB TO TAR (Tape Archive)
CAB TO TAR.XZ (Container for Compressed Streams)
CAB TO TAR.Z (LZW Compressor)