How to Merge several CPIO files to a single TAR using C#
In order to merge several archives into one, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use archive manipulation API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Zip
Steps to Merge CPIO archives to one TAR via C#
Combine several archives to another single one consist of following steps:
- Define full path to archives.
- Prepare an empty folder that will be used as intermediate storage.
- Using the Archive objects, extract their content to intermediate folder using its ExtractToDirectory method.
- Compose destination archive of desired format, supplying intermediate storage as their source.
- You will get merged archive having overall content of those archives.
Before running the merger example code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, Mono and COM Interop.
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project.
Free App to Merge CPIO
Check our live demos for CPIO merger with following benefits.
Other Supported Merge archives
You can also combine CPIO into many other file formats including few listed below.