How to Open RAR Archive Using C#
In order to view a rar archive, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use API. It allows to open and view ZIP, TAR, 7ZIP, CPIO, XAR, RAR file formats on .NET platform without installing any software like WinRAR or 7ZIP. Moreover, developers can convert archive to another format. To add the reference, Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Zip
Steps to View Entries of RAR archive via C#
Opening RAR archive to review entries consist of following steps:
- Compose RAR archive, prepared for decompression. For this purpose supply the path to the compressed file within RarArchive constructor.
- Now Entries property of the RarArchive contains the list of RarArchiveEntry.
- Use Name property of RarArchiveEntry to find out the name and path of the entry. You can look at other properties for some more details.
RAR Viewer Requirements
Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project
- Add namespace in relevant class file
Open RAR Archive - C# code example
Free App to Open RAR
Check our live demos for RAR viewer with following benefits.