How to Compress / Decompress AAC File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress AAC file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for AAC Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing AAC files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get AAC file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress AAC Files - C#
Online AAC Compression Live Demos
Compress AAC documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
AAC What is AAC File Format
AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) refers to digital audio coding standard that represent audio files based on lossy audio compression. It was launched as successor of MP3 file format keeping in view that the lateral faced issues for the implementation of new ideas in the encoding process based on the development of methods for data compression. AAC achieves better sound quality as compared to MP3 at the same bit rate. It was defined in MPEG-2 Part 7 (ISO/IEC 13818-7), and in an updated form in MPEG-4 Part 3 (ISO/IEC 14496-3). The format was adopted as default media format by YouTube, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple iTunes and several other platforms. Several applications and APIs are available for conversion of AAC file format to other formats such as MP3, WMA, M4A, WAV and others.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.